1. To demonstrate scholarly proficiency in assembling thoughts and writing on a
topic of relevance to the general objectives of this course and of particular interest
2. To conceptualize and systematically document a scholarly project pertinent to
technology in the form of an in-depth proposal.
3. To complete a significant, substantial and scholarly literature review that reflects
a balance of literature search sources and methods.
1. By the dates indicated on the tentative schedule, each student will prepare a
written proposal for the term project. The proposal must specify:
a. Topic (relevant to your field of study)
b. Relevance of the proposed project
c. Preliminary key literature references
d. Tentative outline of the project
2. Subsequently, students will research the topic, organize their thoughts and
develop a proposal (20 page minimum) that addresses the stated purposes.
Standard paper requirements apply: neat typing, proper style, full documentation,
etc. The paper will be expected to evidence:
a. Systematic and extensive review of the literature
b. Careful organization and writing to an outline
c. Clearly defined problem, adequate literature support, study significance
and methodology which should be specifically detailed in nature
d. Careful attention to proper form
e. Attributes of publishable quality
3. Students will critically and systematically critique a colleague’s proposal (as
assigned by the instructor)