. Watch the documentary “Wal-Mart: The High Price of Low Price”
1. Watch the documentary “Wal-Mart: The High Price of Low Price”
2. Read critical essays on reading
3. Respond to one of the following questions in a five paragraph argument essay response.
-If Wal-Mart is aware that its employees are talking about union activities, what procedures does the corporate Wal-Mart take to act upon this knowledge? Should Wal-Mart employees unionize? Explain.
-How does Wal-Mart management feel about women & minorities? Give several examples from the documentary. What should be done about this?
-What do Wal-Mart employees do about health insurance? What do you think Wal-Mart should do about covering their employees health insurance more fairly? Explain.
– What impact has Wal-Mart had on the desolation of downtown shopping in America? Is this just an example of fair capitalism? Explain.
– In Charlotte, NC, the Wal-Mart was taken to court over environmental issues. What happened at the store? Why do you think Wal-Mart tried to ignore the problem? What should be done about Wal-Mart’s violations?
– Describe the working conditions for Wal-Mart employees in China, giving at least three examples. If you could recommend an improvement in China, what would you tell the corporate leaders at Wal-Mart?
– What is your reaction to the statistics regarding salaries and personal donations to charities of the Walton and Wal-Mart family? Should the Walton’s be required to spend money to improve their employee’s living standards?