Topic: Criminal Justice
complete the term project, which is an 8-10 page research paper in APA Style. The project should have 8-10 pages not counting the cover, abstract and reference page.
AN OVERVIEW OF RESEARCH PAPER REQUIREMENTS
All work should be submitted in APA 6th Edition style, which includes (if sources are used) in-line citations and a References page. No exceptions. Review the APA publication manual. APUS APA Style (pdf)
Note that references used for your research need to be peer-reviewed/scholarly journals. These journals typically have the following characteristics:
1. articles are reviewed by a panel of experts before they are accepted for publication;
2. articles are written by a scholar or specialist in the field;
3. articles report on original research or experimentation;
4. are often published by professional associations;
5. utilize terminology associated with the discipline.
Research Paper Instructions:
Choose one of the 5 topics listed below to write an 8-10 page research paper on. (8-10 pages excluding the title page, reference list, appendices) Your paper MUST be in APA Format.
1. Use at least five articles from scholarly sources in a paper that restates from a system’s perspective the political subdivisions of police governmental powers per federalism, including the specific U. S. Constitution Amendments that established their powers, as well as the significant historical events, which helped orchestrate America’s move toward law enforcement.
2. Use at least five articles from scholarly sources in a paper that infers an understanding of past/current law enforcement, philosophies, psychological theories, various models of police behavior and the application of different policing styles concerning the individual officer, as well as the stress associated in the life of a police officer.
3. Use at least five articles from scholarly sources in a paper that compares and contrasts the training method ideologies associated with how the Federal Bureau of Investigations trains agents versus the quasi-militarism (also called para-militarism) characteristic methodology typically used in the typical police academy;
4. Use at least five articles from scholarly sources in a paper that discusses the ideologies associated with utilitarianism and deontological ethics concerning human behavior and the ethical or unethical decisions and/or actions of those working in law enforcement.
5. Use at least five articles from scholarly sources in a paper that describes police discretion, and the various control mechanisms available i.e., internal control mechanisms, external control mechanisms, control by the citizens, legislative control, and control by the courts.
Use the APUS library to find at least five, peer-reviewed articles that cover your chosen topic from the list above. Again, you are required to use scholarly, peer-reviewed journals, in-text citations, and provide a reference page for this paper.