Scandals in the recent past that have rocked Italian Politics and Matteo Renzi’s Government.
Topic: Scandals in the recent past that have rocked Italian Politics and Matteo Renzi’s Government.
Prepare a research paper, regarding the business environment in Italy. The report should include the following topics:
• A string of scandals in the recent past have rocked Italian politics and Matteo Renzi’s government. The latest involves the allegedly fraudulent bankruptcy of a chain of nursing homes. Legal reforms may help chip away at the mountain of non-performing loans and Italy’s bad debts.
• On August 27, 2015, the coastal district of Rome, with a population of around 230,000, became the biggest administrative unit in Italy to be put under direct government control because of mobster subversion.
• Europe’s migrant crisis and relocation quotas and its impact on Italy.
• Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi visited the United States in April 2015, where he discussed several pressing foreign policy issues with U.S. President Barack Obama. What does Italy hope to gain from its relationship with the Unites States?
• What are the business implications of these recent developments in Italy? What impacts do these scandals have on the credibility and reputation of Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi’s reforming government?
• What are the biggest challenges facing Italy today?
• How does management and organizational culture differ in Italy compared to the U.S.?
• What impact does the European Union have on Italy?
• Does Italy need growth more than balanced budgets?
• What can Italy do to boost domestic demand? Hint: The U.S. President Obama is convinced that EU countries need not only expansive monetary policy (e.g., the European Central Bank started its own quantitative easing program in 2015), but also more fiscal leeway to boost domestic demands.
• What are the implications for theory/research and practice/management?
May I suggest that you have a good understanding of the following information with respect to Italy when writing your research paper:
Major exports, major imports
Currency used and value against the dollar
Chief trading competitors
Top 3 industries
The paper should show evidence of research (at least 10 research sources). Be sure to cite sources of information within the text of the paper and include a list of references at the end. The paper should comply with APA format.