System and Operations Management
Topic: System and Operations Management
System and Operations Management.
1. Specialism Topic :
Select one from the following two Options and write 600 word summary topic.
1. Option : Describe the role of information systems in careers in one of the following areas : Accounting/finance, Human resources, marketing and operations management, and explain how careers in information systems have been affected by new technologies and outsourcing.
2. Option : Explain the role of human resource management in operations : the discussion should look at the strategic importance of managing people in operations settings . you can use chapter 9, entitled people : jobs and organisation from slack et al.(2014) Operations management the 7th edition as a starting points.
3. Option : For an organization of your choice, write a 600 word short case that summarizes how they have strategically harnessed the use of operations and /or information systems. You could consider using Gartner research as a starting point. Gartner are an Anglia Ruskin Partner, You can connect to their site from the https://my.anglia.ac.uk- click on “auto-login to Gartner website” from the “links to partner sites” section. You do not have to get your case from there ; any suitable source will be fine.
2. Apply relevant models to analyse the main micro-operations at HAPPYLAND GARDEN CENTRE . This could include one or more theoretical modules : The input-process-output model; the value chain model and business process mapping. Evaluate the problems faced by Don Dursley in Managing and developing his centre. (800 words)
3. Complete a mind map/rich picture to identify and explore the potential people; management and technology issues at HAPPYLAND GARDEN CENTRE. Analyse how to improve the operations at happyland Garden centre considering the potential issues (800 words)
4. Academic Rigour
Your Assignment should be written in a Good Business English and be well Structured and presented. Your Assignment should clearly include the academic insight, i.e the concepts and the supporting references involved , indicated in the assignment and listed in the references and bibliography .