consultancy management techniques
Topic: consultancy management techniques
(got additional things i need to eamil regarding the work
The LOs for this module are as follows.
1. Identify and select sources of data and information
2. Analyse and present information to support decision making
3. Communicate results of information analysis and decision
4. Comprehend the range of tools and techniques available as support for managerial decision making
This assignment is designed to assess learning outcome 4 and accounts for 50% of the overall module mark.
This assignment should be completed with reference to the WM Pressings Case Study and the OIL Project, as and where directed to do so (the OIL project is an Online Learning activity carried out in conjunction with a partner called TARUC in Malaysia).
This assignment requires you to write a 2,000 word assignment submission answering the following questions:
1. Explain the limitations of using heuristics to carry out decision making with multiple objectives. (20 marks)
2. Using the SMART process for decision making with multiple objectives, carry out an analysis on the information given in the case about the press refurbishment and identify which of the four companies lie on the efficient frontier. (30 marks)
3. Based on your answer to (2) above, provide your recommendation on which of the four companies should be chosen to carry out the work, providing justification for your decision. There is no need to carry out sensitivity analysis. (15 marks)
4. Using relevant information from the WM Pressings Case Study and other sources, critically analyse the role that making decisions in an ethical manner can play in enabling businesses to be successful. (25 marks)
5. Using relevant examples from the OIL project, reflect on your learning of various tools and objectives used for decision making. (10 marks)