Intended Modular Learning Outcomes
• Critically analyse normal and abnormal movement applied to the assessment of a wide range of patient cases
• Synthesise and evaluate the biomechanics of injury related to the environment
• Comprehensively understand related biomechanics and tribological properties of materials in the application of surgical techniques.
• Rationalise the role of prosthetics and orthotics in management of musculoskeletal disorders in a wide range of patients
• Critically evaluate current research in relevant orthopaedic sciences
• Apply systematic knowledge and a critical awareness of health related research methods, with due consideration of research governance
You should also attach a reference list ( 12 references). The emphasis of your assignments will be on the biomechanics management of the case, (spinal)( I suggested (spinal stenosis case or sciatica case due to lifting and a case in acute stage and he/she is a construction worker ) . it must include an introduction to set the scene background to the case study, contextualise and identify the importance of the pathology. A main body focusing on choice of biomechanical intervention and suggested management with critical evaluation of the literature. A conclusion to synthesise ideas and information.
Important points are
? Broad details of a case study
? Aims and objectives
? You should have some idea of the type and amount of literature available for you to look at your chosen theme in sufficient depth to demonstrate a balanced argument and critical analysis.
When marking this section consideration will be given regarding your ability to:-
? Identify the key themes that are related to the clinical area chosen
? Demonstrate breadth of knowledge of broader topic area and depth of knowledge of key issues selected for focus in assignment.
? Demonstrate understanding of the knowledge by your ability to transfer information appropriately between different contexts
? Apply underpinning theory appropriately to clinical practice.
When marking this section consideration will be given to your ability to:
• Debate your chosen themes in terms of positive / negative impacts, contrasting opinions, and areas of agreement.
• Identify gaps in the literature.
• Demonstrate understanding of literature cited and ability to interpret it correctly.
• Demonstrate critical appraisal of research / literature used.
• Comment on the quality of the literature used and issues related to the quality of the research process and its impact on the outcome of the topic under discussion. This should take the form of principally considering such issues as the validity and generalisability of source material in supporting discussion points rather than pure critical analysis of research methodology.
• Demonstrate an ability to critically analyse clinical issues and, through the clinical reasoning process, identify appropriate treatment and management strategies for more complex rehabilitation situations.