Health Care Law and Policy
1) Health Care Law and Policy” respond to the following:• From the first e-Activity, analyze the Affordable Health Care Act, and determine the fundamental influence that such reform has exerted on the social, political, and economic environment of
Differentiate between two to three (2-3) key components of a free market healthcare system and single payer government system. Of the two systems, suggest the one that you believe would be better for the United States. Specify two examples that support your rationale.
2(“Health Bureaucracy” respond to the following:
• From the second e-Activity, analyze the branches of government of your state with respect to the extent that each branch is associated with health care. Determine whether your state government will participate in either the federal health exchange or create a state health exchange. Classify which aspects of your state’s choice are political and which aspects are economic. Provide at least two (2) specific examples to support your position.
• From the third e-Activity, give an example of at least two (2) innovations started by the VA that are found in any of your local hospitals. Examine the salient effects that these innovations have on public health in your community. Support your response with examples of such effects.
Common Law and Separation of Power” Please respond to the following:
3) From the first e-Activity, interpret the role that common law has played in health care in the
United States. Assess the level at which common law has impacted overall decisions related to healthcare policy. Provide two (2) specific examples to support your rationale.
Differentiate between checks and balances in the separation of power. Specify two (2) examples related to health care from your state government
4)The Courts”respond to the following:
• From the second e-Activity, analyze the Federal court decisions in regards to the Affordable Health Care Act. Debate the extent to which the Supreme Court’s decisions have affected healthcare policy in your community. Provide two (2) specific examples to support your rationale.
• From the third e-Activity, analyze the concepts of stare decisis and their effect on health care related judicial decisions. Interpret this legal term in relationship to two (2) health care related cases. Support your response with specific examples.