Why is the first meeting with a client so important?
Addressing the following questions:
1. Why is the first meeting with a client so important?
2. What factors affect first interviews?
3. What would you say to a client to contract with them in the first interview?
4. How would you contract with a resistant client?
5. What are some alternate assessment approaches in professional practice that are discussed in the text? Which of these would you find the most useful?
https://youtu.be/lfUbZ8iZ6-8 (Links to an external site.)
6. What is the difference between confidentiality and privileged communication? Why is this important to know?
Include at least one scholarly* reference. References and in-text citations are to be done in correct APA 6th edition style.
Shulman, L. (2011). The Skills of Helping Individuals, Families, Groups and Communities (Seventh Edition). Belmont, CA: Brooks/Cole.