choose FOUR of the following questions and answer them
1. Explain the basic components of a research study (“true “ experiment vs. “quasi” experiment –e.g., correlation)
2. Compare/contrast the different TYPES of research studies. Which are most often used in Psychology?
3. What are some common psychological assessments? Neuropsychological assessments? Neuroimaging? Describe.
4. Regarding Legal/Ethical issues, define/explain the following: Civil Commitment ,Duty to Warn (Tarasoff) ,Informed Consent, Confidentiality, Competency to Stand Trial, Insanity Defense
5. There are at least 8 categories of diagnoses under Anxiety/Trauma/Stress. Discuss 3 in some detail.
6. What are some of the treatments for Mood Disorders and the warning signs of suicide?
7. Choose a “Cluster”of Personality Disorders (A,B, or C), and describe the main characteristics of the disorders within that cluster.
8. What are some of the genetic and neurobiological influences in schizophrenia?
9) Discuss themes of pathological behavior in “A Beautiful Mind”—Schizophrenia ,and “Girl Interrupted”—Personality Disorders
10)Imagine you are an LGBTQ teenager. You don’t know how to discuss this with your parents, so you write a letter.In this letter, describe the way you feel and how society deals with that.