Response and Recovery
Provide an approximate 1000-word overview and explanation of the important concepts in the readings: Haddow, G., Bullock J., & Coppola, D. (2011). Introduction to Emergency Management (5th Ed). Elsevier Publishing: United States, from Chapters 6 and 7. Assume that you are writing for an uninformed reader that knows nothing about the topic and has not read what you read. Provide an introduction that gives the background of the resource you’re reviewing, so the reader will understand what they’re reading and why. Consider the following topics for inclusion in this week’s discussion:
– What are the roles and responsibilities of emergency managers and first responders?
– What is the role of state government in emergency management?
– What are the roles of voluntary organizations in disaster response?
– Describe the presidential disaster declaration system and process.
– Describe the National Response Framework and the National Incident Command System.
– What are the roles of FEMA and other government agencies in disaster recovery?
– Describe the National Disaster Recovery Framework?
– How can a community develop a long-term recovery plan?