Collaborating With Human Services Professionals
Review the collaboration scenarios in the presentations Collaboration Mental Health Counselor Scatter desk in this unit’s study, and select one of the scenarios.
Complete the following for the scenario you selected:
• Describe how and with whom each of the professionals might collaborate to respond to legal or ethical issues described in the scenario. How does the quality of the interaction impact the service provided to the clients or students?
• Describe the role and function each professional would serve in terms of assessing or responding to any of the legal or ethical issues that may arise when working with this client or student.
• Imagine that you are the counselor working with this student or client, and you will be serving as the lead person to coordinate efforts among the team of professionals at this setting.
What are some ways in which you might initiate collaboration efforts to resolve the legal and ethical issues?
What methods will you use to communicate?
How will you know if these strategies are effective?
• Include in your response references to at least two specific state laws and two specific codes from the 2014 ACA Code of Ethics that relate to your case.
• Develop an effective communication to one of the professionals assisting your client: