Hotel strategic management
Hotel strategic management
The course work is an individual report where you are required to write a report on the case organization’s implementation of its chosen strategy. The report should
analyze and evaluate the organizations chosen strategy highlighting its suitability given the competitive environment. The report should also address the consequential
implications of change that will occur as the strategy is implemented and suggest how organizations could manage these changes so that the strategy is effectively
implemented. The report should demonstrate selected strategic management process of a current business setting and evidence how intervention techniques have been
applied for improving business effectiveness. The report is justified using analyzed and evaluated theories. This is a 2,500-word report.
The purpose of this report assignment is aimed at developing skills for proposing and implementing strategic analysis and changes that has an impact on hospitality
business environments. Students will select and analyze hospitality industry workplace events, programs or services and propose strategic change for improvement. The
report will be based on Learning outcome 2 & 3
The following structure for the individual report guideline is recommended:
Title page: Include report title, students’ names and students’ numbers, module name and code, assessment task, lecturer’s name and date.
Background: Description of the business situational context. Explanation as to why analyzing the organizational case strategy is important and explanation of the
competitive environment. In approximately 200- 300 words, provide a basic background to the strategic communication plan, state the purpose of the report and provide
overview of the rest of the content.
Contents page: List the contents of the essay report (headings, sub-headings) and the page numbers they appear on.
Presentation of main ideas: Analyze and evaluate your chosen organizational business strategy supported with theoretical perspectives and strategic processes.
A. Analyze the organization’s external competitive environment to identify opportunities and threats.
B. Analyze the organization’s internal operating environment to identify the organization’s strengths and weaknesses.
Critical evaluation: Evaluate the implications and justifications on how strategies are implemented and outline how the changes are managed effectively.
A. Justify how selected strategies are consistent with mission and major goals of the organization.
B. Demonstrate how employed strategies are congruent and constitute a viable business model.
C. Review how you have employed strategic management theories in your report?
D. Reflect on the role you played either as an internal consultant or internal change agent in improving business or organizational effectiveness.
Conclusion: In 300 – 400 words state the summary and evaluation of the ideas and statement of your own point of view with reasons. Explain why organizational managers
should select the outlined strategies.
*Support your report with examples and evidence of theories and models from academic literature readings of strategic management and intervention techniques discussed
in class and module content.
* Support your report with 10 sources including articles, books or journals. Do not use dot.com-downloaded sources for support material.
* Select a different hospitality business for this report than the one you used for your group work presentations.
Referencing in the text: Reference all citations in the text of the assessment.
Referencing section: Provide references on a separate page at the back of the report using Harvard method.
Appendices: If appropriate, provide appendices at the end back of your report.
• All reports should be typed using 12p text, 1.5 line spacing and Arial/Times.
• All reports should be spell checked.
• All sources must be referenced using the Harvard Referencing System.
• All full reference list of all sources and appendix supportive material must be included at the end of the report.
• Analysis: Examine and break information into parts by drawing conclusions, find evidence and examples to support your generalizations.
• Evaluation: Make judgments about the value of information given in context by interpreting and justifying your perspectives.
• Reflection: Consider connections you make within your organizational problems or issues and learning outcomes that are identified.