Criminal Defenses and Criminal Punishments
It is common knowledge that two controversial issues in the American legal system are the types of criminal defenses and the manner of criminal punishment. In this
assignment, you will explore both in their various forms.
1) Specify the key points involved in the court determining the lawfulness of the use of force. Next, evaluate the level of objectivity inherent in each point that you
2) Determine the fundamental difference between the castle doctrine and stand your ground types of criminal defenses. Justify the validity of each, and provide one (1)
example of each to support your response.
3) Analyze the overall role that double jeopardy clause plays within the trial system. Next, evaluate the general level of fairness of double jeopardy to the defense.
Provide a rationale to support your response.
4) Specify the basic features of adversarial system. Next, support or critique the value of the adversarial system within the criminal law system in the United States.
Justify your response.
5) Argue for or against the right to a speedy trial, as guaranteed by the Sixth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Provide a rationale to support your response.