Patient CB has a history of strokes. The patient has been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, hypertension, and hyperlipidemia. Drugs currently prescribed include the
¥ Glipizide 10 mg po daily
¥ HCTZ 25 mg daily
¥ Atenolol 25 mg po daily
¥ Hydralazine 25 mg qid
¥ Simvastatin 80 mg daily
Verapamil 180 mg CD daily
Write a 1-page paper answering the following based on the above scenario. Include 3 references.
• Describe how the factor genetics might influence the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes in the patient from the above case study.
• Then, describe how changes in the processes might impact the patient’s recommended drug therapy.
• Finally, explain how you might improve the patient’s drug therapy plan.
• Arcangelo, V. P., Peterson, A. M., Wilbur, V., & Reinhold, J. A. (Eds.). (2017).
Pharmacotherapeutics for advanced practice: A practical approach (4th ed.).
Ambler, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.(Chapters 19,20,21,22,50)
• Drugs.com. (2012). Retrieved From: https://www.drugs.com