1. What are some of the ways in which you express your own identities?
2. How do you feel when someone does not recognize the identity that is most important to you?
3. Can you think of a time when you resisted a negative identity that was assigned to you? How did you react? What did you do or say? Were you successful in communicating your feelings/thoughts?
4. What does it mean to be “middle class” vs. “working class” in U.S. society?
5. If we avoid talking about race and only focus on ethnicity, can we consider the effects and influences of racism?
6. Are people in the U.S. comfortable talking about race? Why or why not?