Mini Business Plan
Mini Business Plan
Your final project is the final mini-Business plan. The project is a “mini” Business Plan because the expectation is that you will not develop 25-50 pages as is noted
in the text. What you will do is create a paper OR presentation with data support covering the 9 sections.
Mini Business Plan Requirements
Section 1 – Executive Summary-Last item done.
Give four points:
· Basic business
· Markets and segments
· Perceived competitive position
· Financial projections for start up needs
Section 2 – Company Background:
· Name and type of Business
· Mission & Vision
· Form and status (takeover, franchise, etc.)
· Risk and opportunity
Section 3 – Management Team and Organization:
· Key people you will need to get the business started
· Describe who will lead the organization
· Describe your approach to organizing the enterprise
· Some thoughts on your leadership approach
Section 4 – The Financials:
· Estimate of a break-even
· Ballpark on operating costs (for the first year)
· Best case / worst case sales projections
· Simple Income Statement
Section 5 – Capital Required and Funding Sources:
· How much funding is required, and from where will it come? At what interest rate?
· How much of your own resources will you invest?
· How will these funds be used?
· Exit Strategy: How will you get “out” your investment- sell to investors, merge, IPO, etc.?
Section 6 – Marketing Plan with Industry Analysis:
· Briefly describe the industry – size, sectors
· What are the opportunities you perceive?
· Products or Services Features & Benefits (briefly)
· How will you differentiate
· Give your message
· Pricing strategy
· Who are the major competitors?
· How much market share do they have? What can you expect in first 2 years?
Section 7 – Target Market and/or Location Analysis
· Describe the Market Opportunity
· Identify potential customers / consumers and the traffic patterns if locating a brick-and mortar business
· Any opportunities through segmentation
· Give a statement on the demographics.
Section 8 – Manufacturing Operations Plan:
· Briefly give idea about space and equipment needs
· Technology needs
· What do you need to run the business?
Section 9 – Appendix with Support Material
· Describe your plan to grow the business and the long-term potential
· Ideas on how you will communicate your plan
· Any support materials including charts, tables, graphs, etc.
(NOT IN BOOK) Section 10 – Closing Statement: This is not in the book but very important to consider.
· Value proposition
· Why are you starting this business?
· What role or influence will your faith have in this business?