“Of Mr. Booker T. Washington and Others,”
“In “Of Mr. Booker T. Washington and Others,” Du Bois responds directly to Washington’s Up From Slavery. To what extent are Du Bois′s criticisms accurate and/or fair? Why might they be considered unfair? Use passages from both Du Bois and Washington in ord”.
Discuss the relationship between mission statements, planned change, and unplanned change.
1. Define what is meant by “strategic planning.” Distinguish this from long-range planning and other forms of planning.
2. Define competitive advantage.
3. How should a planner go about the process of identifying strengths, weaknesses, and distinctive competencies in an organization? What is the impact of the findings on planning?
4. Planning can lead to organizational change when trying to build competitive advantage. What do the writers of your course text [Hill, C. V. L., & Jones, G. R. (2014). Strategic management
theory. (11th ed.). Mason, OH: South-Western Cengage Learning] feel are the issues that face
the manager who plans to bring about organizational change? What are the various types of
changes that management could bring about? Compare and contrast the various types.
5. Discuss the relationship between mission statements, planned change, and unplanned change.