Organisation’s characteristics that facilitate the innovation process
1 Overweight children under the age of five
• Critically assess the organisation’s characteristics that facilitate the innovation process.
• Plan and implement activities which could establish an innovative environment within the organization’s structure.
• Underpin your work with references to supporting literature and up to date research.
• Company – size, structure, locations, product range, market position
• Innovation theories overview
• Discussion of specific theories – internal, external, traits, management, etc
• Theory relevant to the business / investigation area – establish of a framework
• Market, business environment, competitors (consider PESTLE, Porters 5 Forces)
• Facts from the company detailing the problem area (possibly including SWOT)
• Identification of problem area to be investigated
• Analysis of problem area based on the theory e.g. – historic, structure, finance, resources, strategy communications, etc
Recommendations of proposed solution:
• Current situation and proposed actions / changes – collaborated with theory
• Means of measuring success
• Consideration of timescales and investments/costs
• Changes required and the implications of those changes
• Potential consequences of not following this action plan
• Brief but critical reflection
Overweight children under the age of five
The World Health Organisation (2016) states, ‘Globally, the number of overweight children under the age of five, is estimated to be over 42 million. Close to 31
million of these are living in developing countries.’ Identify the main causes of the increase
The full coursework title is: The World Health Organisation (2016) states, ‘Globally, the
number of overweight children under the age of five is Estimated to be over 42 million. Close to 31 million of
These are living in developing countries.’ Identify the main causes of the increase in childhood obesity in developing countries and discuss the socio-economic and
health effects of the phenomenon.