Academic integrity policy
The following post has two asignments namely;
1 Academic integrity policy
1. Read the University policy on academic integrity and in one paragraph of your own words, summarize what constitutes academic dishonesty. Was there any part of the
policy that was a surprise? Did you agree with it all? Why or why not? Quote at least one passage from the policy in the course of your discussion (and try not to
repeat another student’s passage).
2. Read Shafer’s “Eight Reasons Plagiarism Sucks.” Shafer is writing from a writer’s perspective. Do you agree with him or not, and why? Quote at least one passage
from the article in your answer, and try to avoid repeating a passage already in use by another student.
2. Shafer, J. (2008). Eight reasons plagiarism sucks. Slate Magazine. Retrieved from:
https://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/press_box/2008/03/eight_reasons_plagiarism_sucks.html (the site can be tough to read with the ads, so there’s a
document with the article attached here should you need it).
Then write as write a journal entry o that answers the following
This week, you began to discuss the University policy on Academic Integrity. Were there any surprises in the policy for you? If so, explain why.
Shafer tells us in his article from this week that he received a number of complaints stating that plagiarism isn’t a bad thing. In your own words, explain why you
believe such rules are (or are not) necessary. Support your argument.
Answer this Now that you have read the articles by Nicholas Carr and Clive Thompson, take a position in the debate. Using at least one (brief) quote from each reading,
explain where you stand and explain why. As a part of your answer, make sure to explain how you think the digital developments discussed by Carr and Thompson are
changing society’s physical spaces (libraries, coffeehouses, schools, etc.) Is Google Making Us Stupid?” Nicholas Carr,
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2008/07/is-google-making-us-stupid/306868/”The Internet is Making you Smarter, Really” Clive Thompson:
2 CURRICULUM VITAE
Christian Tandika is a graduate in Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations and Marketing from Saint Augustine University of Tanzania 2012, majored in Principles of Public
relations and its activities such as corporate communication, public relation strategies, proposals writing, maintaining media relations, employee and community
relations, qualitative and quantitative research methods, Marketing principles such as managing the marketing mix, advertising skills, sales and developing of
marketing strategy, Gender issues and Human rights.
Christian was working with SUNDA (T) INVESTMENT, CO.LTD.as Sales and Marketing Supervisor, Daily duties include; Setting up routes to meet proper supply and
productivity, should also consider route category as per company policy, Set targets for all sales team and review performance constantly through marketing floor
meetings to ensure target is achievement, To manage KWs and KDs working capital ,Planning and execution of promotions/Activations, Marketing intelligence and market
feedback to the office, While in the field, should verify whether the sales team complying sales policy and procedures.
Greatest achievement; Christian has managed to Establish and Develop a new system for generating sales leads, such as, introduction of key wholesalers and key
distributors, direct van sales and Merchandising, that was implemented through company operations resulted in average sales increase of 754 million per month from 2014
to 2017, Christian exceeded all of his target for years 2014, 2015,2016 and 2017. He leads by example for trained and developed a team of ten new field salesman who
archived an average of 100% of their sales target within their firstly three months, and also through advises he create a good image of the company and publicity of
the product through all market outlets in lake zone areas.
At personality level, Christian is self-disciplined, competent, team player, capable, skilled, and trainable, open minded, attentive, determined, guided by
professional tactics and devoted to the assigned task.
1.0 PERSONAL PARTICULARS
Full Name CHRISTIAN LEONARD TANDIKA
Date and place of birth 2nd December 1988
Marital Status: Single
2.0 CONTACTS ADDRESS
Permanent Address: Nyamagana,
Box 2871, Mwanza.
? September 2009- October 2012: B.A of Arts in Public Relations and Marketing at Saint Augustine University of Tanzania,
? 2007 – 2009 ACSEE Majoring in History, Geography and Language (HGL) at Forest Hill High Secondary School.Morogoro
? 2003 – 2006 CSEE Majoring in Biology, Chemistry, Geography, History, Basic Mathematics, Kiswahili, English and Civics at Rulenge Secondary School, Ngara Kagera.
? 1996 – 2002 Primary Education: Kanyamahela Primary School: Kibondo Kigoma Region.
Seek position that will utilize my knowledge and offer opportunity for professional growth and development
From may 2013 to January 2015,Working with SUNDA (T) INVESTMENT CO, LTD as Marketing officer in FMCG DEPARTMENT
• To work with Sales Manager to create and implement a strategic sales plan to drive expansion throughout the region.
• To meet or exceed sales targets and ensure consistent branding across the market outlets.
• Identify, establish, present product and maintain current and potential client relationships and sales prospects.
• Initiate and build sales partnerships with Agents, identify new potential routes to market and attract more key account customers.
• Conduct surveys regarding market share based on distribution, penetration, supply time table compliance, competitor’s activities and uncovered markets across the
• Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
• Prepare monthly activity plan and field budgets, anticipate budgetary needs and liaise with the finance department to ensure timely supply of fund.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time by Sales manager and Head of Sales and Marketing as required.
From January 2014 to December 2017, Working with SUNDA (T) INVESTMENT CO, LTD as Sales and Marketing Supervisor in FMCG DEPARTMENT.
Duties include; –
• Setting up routes to meet proper supply and productivity, should also consider route category as per company policy.
• Set targets for all sales team and review performance constantly through marketing floor meetings to ensure target is achievement.
• To manage KWs and KDs working capital.
• Planning and execution of promotions/Activations.
• Marketing intelligence and market feedback to the office.
• While in the field, should verify whether the sales team complying sales policy and procedures.
7.0 PERSONAL SKILLS AND DESCRIPTIONS
? Word Processing Using Microsoft Office Word
? Spread Sheet Using Microsoft office Excels
? Driver with new clean license class A,B,D & E