External and Internal Environments
The following post has tWO assignments namely;
1.External and Internal Environments
Choose an industry and one publicly traded corporation within that industry. . Research the company on its own Website, the public filings on the Securities
1. Choose the two (2) segments of the general environment that would rank highest in their influence on the corporation you chose. Assess how these segments affect the corporation you chose and the
industry in which it operates.
2. Considering the five (5) forces of competition, choose the two (2) that you estimate are the most significant for the corporation you chose. Evaluate how well the company has addressed these two
(2) forces in the recent past.
3. With the same two (2) forces in mind, predict what the company might do to improve its ability to address these forces in the near future.
4. Assess the external threats affecting this corporation and the opportunities available to the corporation. Give your opinions on how the corporation should deal with the most serious threat and
the greatest opportunity. Justify your answer.
5. Give your opinion on the corporation’s greatest strengths and most significant weaknesses. Choose the strategy or tactic the corporation should select to take maximum advantage of its strengths,
and the strategy or tactic the corporation should select to fix its most significant weakness. Justify your choices.
6. Determine the company’s resources, capabilities, and core competencies.
7. Analyze the company’s value chain to determine where they can create value using the resources, capabilities, and core competencies discussed above.
2.Australian Tax Law
Review Australian newspapers such as the West Australian, Financial Review, The Australian, Sunday Times and various others for articles on the area mentioned above. You need to find 10 newspaper
articles which will be handed in with your assignment. The articles should be from 2016 or 2017 only. After reading newspapers and looking for the articles on the subject of limiting work related
expenses to a standardised dollar amount and the debate being carried out in the public arena by political parties, lobby groups and the general public, you should have started to develop your own
view on the concept of limiting work related deductions to a fixed amount. For this area of the assessment you need to explain a) What work related deductions are within an Australian concept and
what are some of the most common ones taxpayers who are employees claim b) What the benefits and disadvantages are of the proposed plan to fix a standard amount when employees want to claim work
related deductions. c) What is your opinion of this plan eg is a good thing or a bad thing, should the govemment make changes to it or leave it alone, who do you believe benefits from it if changes
are made This area is based about your opinion so you need to ensure that you give us your own personal views of the topic and not a summary of the articles you have collected in part one of the
assessment task. The requirements of the assignment for part two is to produce a 1000 to 1500 word essay on your opinion of this topic which should be based on your findings from the Australian
newspapers you have collected and any other research you may want to undertake,