Workplace health and safety of concern to nurses
The following post has three assignment namely;
1.Workplace health and safety of concern to nurses
Why is the subject of workplace health and safety of concern to nurses?
How are these concepts related to patient safety and patient outcomes?
2. What action is suggested when you are faced with an angry or hostile coworker?
3. Why is substance misuse among nurses a serious concern? What is the most appropriate way to handle a suspicion that a coworker may be involved in serious substance misuse?
4. What is the most common physical injury experienced by LPNs and nursing assistants? How can a nurse manager help staff avoid physical injury at work?
5. Describe several examples of sexual harassment in the workplace. Discuss methods of dealing with these instances.
6. Review the policies and procedures on the following safety issues in your current clinical rotation. Compare with other students in the class. What are the similarities and differences? What
might this mean in terms of workplace safety?
• Latex allergies
• Needlestick injuries
7. Go to the ANA website and explore the sections on workplace and patient safety under the heading “Professional Nursing Practice.”
Which concepts discussed in these sections are particularly important to the beginning RN? Why?
8. Interview one of the staff nurses on your unit. Explore his or her feelings and concerns related to the following topics. Based on the comments, develop strategies to address the concerns.
• Substance abuse among nurses
• Emergency preparation
• Quality of work life within the organization
2.Creating an advisement
create an advetisement for a product that appeals to busy college students (please be professional). This could be an ad for an already existing or new product. Have fun and be as creative as
possible. Please keep in mind the message that you are trying to convey and your specific call to action (what do you want your customer to do?).
3.In The Network Society, Castells (2005) writes:
In The Network Society, Castells (2005) writes:
The network society is also manifested in the transformation of
sociability. Yet, what we observe is not the fading away of face-to-face
interaction or the increasing isolation of people in front of their
computers. We know, from studies in different societies, that in most
instances Internet users are more social, have more friends and
contacts, and are more socially and politically active than non users.
Moreover, the more they use the Internet, the more they also engage in
face-to-face interaction in all domains of their lives. Similarly, new
forms of wireless communication, from mobile phone voice
communication to SMSs, WiFi and WiMax, substantially increase
sociability, particularly for the younger groups of the population. The
network society is a hypersocial society, not a society of isolation
Provide a thoughtful and analytical response to the above quote