The post is a combination of two asighnmensts
informed decisions to achieve strategic goals, health care leaders must carefully analyze an organization’s financial position. A ratio analysis to impact decisions for strategic initiatives such as expansions, consolidations, mergers, and acquisitions. calculate financial ratios and consider their implications for organizations.
2: Tylenol murders
1. What might have been the consequences if J&J had decided to “tough out” the first reports of Tylenol-related deaths and not recall the product?
2. What other PR options did J&J have in responding to the first round of Tylenol murders?
3. Do you think the company made a wise decision by reintroducing extra-strength Tylenol?
4. In light of the response of other companies not to move precipitously when faced with a crisis do you think J&J should have acted so quickly to remove the Tylenol product when the second round of Tylenol murders occurred in 1986?
5. What specific lessons can be derived from the way in which J&J handled the PR aspects of these tragedies?
6. What was the media environment when the Tylenol crisis occurred? How might the results have differed if the crisis occurred today?
*Note – View page 79 of the text to find additional resources about this case study.
Make sure to review the rubric for a complete understanding of what is expected for the weekly case study discussion board.
Note: Discussion at a critical level means discussing things such as opinion of the point mentioned, why you hold that opinion, what you see wrong with point mentioned, how you see the point consistent/inconsistent with what you have learned so far, implications for the future, consistencies/inconsistencies within the article or reading itself, and so forth. In other words, critiquing an article means analyzing the good and/or bad aspects of the article and justifying your analysis.