Financial Statement Analysis
The followimg post has three assignments namely;
1.Financial Statement Analysis
Select a health care organization that represents a health care product, service, or company that is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) or NASDAQ market.
Suppose you are a newly appointed financial manager of your chosen health care organization. One of your first tasks is to conduct an internal financial analysis of the organization. Conduct a
brief financial analysis and review of the chosen company’s financial statements for at least three consecutive years. After conducting the analysis, interpret the data contained within the
1. Based on your review of the financial statements, speculate on the likely reaction to the financial statements from various stakeholder groups (employee, investors, shareholders). Suggest two
key insights per stakeholder group about the financial health of the company. Provide support for your rationale.
2. Identify the current competitors and industry trends that have had the most significant impact on your chosen organization’s financial performance. Indicate the trend’s positive and/or negative
impact on the financial performance of the organization. As the financial manager, suggest two ways that you might minimize the impact of the trend on the organization.
3. As the CFO, suggest two key strategies that you might use in order to improve the financial performance of the organization. Recommend an approach to implement the suggested strategies. Provide
support for your recommendation.
2. The impact of Natural Rights on the US Constitution
In 1896, Westell Willoughby wrote, “There are in the individual no so-called innate or ‘natural rights,’ that is, such rights as exist independently of the State and beyond its control. In so far
as the individual has claims upon his fellows to a non-interference upon their part with the free exercise of certain outward acts, such claims have no legal force except as recognized and enforced
by the political power.” How did this thinking influence American Constitutional ideas of reform and the legislation and court decisions regarding police power from the Civil War through the early
New Deal? Think about opponents as well as supporters of this philosophy.
3. writing report
“Performance improvement is high on the agenda of many companies around the world and with the growing number of improvement models now available care has to be taken to adopt an approach that will
yield the most attractive return on investment……… Over the past decade, a rapid increase in global competition brought about by technological change and product variety proliferation has
accentuated the role of continuous performance improvement as a strategic and competitive requirement in many organizations world-wide”.
This assignment requires you to:
(1) Compare and contrasts two widely known and well-publicized improvement models: Kaplan and Norton’s Balanced Scorecard and the EFQM Excellence Model.
(2) Decide which improvement model you would suggest to your employers that they adopt.
You will need to review the frameworks you have been taught and read about, to describe the key issues facing the organisations managers, and to comment on the appropriateness and effectiveness of
the selected model, stating how it would benefit the organisation.
In order to develop a sound argument and discussion of the proposed topic / issue, you should use relevant academic literature, to support the recommended readings supplied on the LMS.