Tensions between community identity and the struggle for independent or individual identity
The following post has three assignments namely;
1.Tensions between community identity and the struggle for independent or individual identity
Discuss the conflicts and tensions between community identity and the struggle for independent or individual identity as they operate for different characters in the Diaz text.
Make an argument. Consider a range of topics to explore this question, including migration, work, sexuality, gender identity, generational tensions, culture, socioeconomic class, community, etc.
2.MANAGEMENT SELF AUDIT
Prepare a Management Self-Audit Report.
1. Refer to the original goals and objectives in your Strategic Plan. Did your company’s intended strategy work as you expected? What was required to be changed (examples: strategies, goals,
objectives, policies, etc.)? Why? How closely did the firm end up doing what it said it was going to do? (You will not be penalized on this point if you did change substantially. Just be honest.)
2. If you were to begin again, what do you think should be done differently?
3. What are your strengths and weaknesses as a strategic planner/manager? What have you learned about yourself as a strategic manager through the simulation?
4. Pretend that you are the Chairman of the Board for your company and write an honest performance evaluation of yourself as a senior manager (CEO/CFO/CIO/etc.) that would normally then be
distributed to the other members of the Board.
3. Ted Talk on being different by Patrick Linehan
Watch the Ted Talk on being different by Patrick Linehan and read the article from Public Diplomacy Magazine, links to each are provided here. Provide a summary of the two as well as a personal
example of how you are different, how that impacts you currently and how you believe this will impact you as you move though adult hood.