Skills For Tomorrow: A Management Team in Crisis
The following post has three assignments namely;
1.Skills For Tomorrow: A Management Team in Crisis
A management consultant has been hired to fix the morale issues at a branch of Skills ForTomorrow (SFT) in Pennsylvania, United States. SFT is a government-sponsored organization tasked with
helping at-risk young adults gain vocational training toward preparing them for a successful career in one of several areas, including automotive and machine repair, construction, health care and
information technology. The program provides support to students beyond technical training, including the development of interpersonal skills, problem-solving skills and skills in effectively
conducting a job search and interview – all towards the goal of graduating individuals that are prepared to live independently and become productive citizens (and taxpayers). Several factors are
influencing the morale of the SFT management team, some of which point directly to the sponsor of the consulting project, the executive director at SFT Harrisburg. The consultant must identify the
root causes of the management discord and derive a solution that can help solve the various issues. The consultant will need to consider the political and interpersonal aspects of the consulting
relationship between herself and the executive director.
2.key concepts of community activism
2. Describe one of the key concepts of community activism and give a specific example of how you apply this concept to an issue you are passionate about (you do not have to use your policy issue
here but it may give you something to think about in relation to how you would support that issue).
3.Application of the functional health assessment of a movie character.
choose a movie from the following list and identify a character from the movie on whom you would like to do a health assessment
1. Away From Her
2. Lorenzo’s Oil
4. My Sister’s Keeper
6. Rain Man
7. Steel Magnolias
9. The Elephant Man
10. The Mighty
11. The Tic Code
1. Create a PowerPoint presentation of 10-12 slides using the template “Movie Character Presentation.”
2. Provide an introduction and background overview of the movie character (client).
3. Assess the client using the “Functional Health Pattern Assessment.”
4. Based on your “observations” and thoughts, document your assessment, providing examples from the movie.
5. Describe any observed or potential cultural, geographic, religious, ethnic, or spiritual considerations of this client.
6. Describe two normal health patterns of the client as well as two abnormal health patterns that you observe, and provide examples.
7. Develop an appropriate nursing diagnosis for the client based on your assessment.
8. Identify and describe three interventions for the client: health promotion, health prevention, and maintenance.
9. Identify at least two possible resources or community services to which you would refer this client and provide rationale for your choices.