Parents Involved in Community Schools v. Seattle School District No.1 (PICS case)
The following post has two assignments namely;
1.Parents Involved in Community Schools v. Seattle School District No.1 (PICS case)
1. How does this case fall under Amendment 10?
2. Why did was it heard by the Supreme Court?
3. What is the significance of this case to the entire arena of education?
4. What was the argument?
5. What was the decision?
6. What are the current or lasting results of this case?
2.History of the theories regarding how the pyramids at Giza
There have been many theories regarding how
the pyramids at Giza were constructed. Most
experts agree that they were constructed as
burial monuments for pharaohs, but “how” these
ancient people constructed monuments of such
great size without modern machinery is a
mystery which is still being debated.
1. Clearly state the “mystery” and provide a brief summary of at least two (2) reasonable and scholarly theories which could explain the mystery. Because some theories may sound far-fetched,
include the source or promoter of each theory – such as a scientist, a historian, a theologian, etc.
2. After summarizing at least two (2) scholarly theories, identify one (1) of the theories as the most plausible and provide at least two (2) convincing reasons why the theory you have chosen is
the best one to explain the mystery. This will involve some critical reasoning skills on your part.