How social media enhance or hinder interpersonal relationships
The following post has three assignments namely;
1.How social media enhance or hinder interpersonal relationships
Does social media enhance or hinder interpersonal relationships?
2.Cultural and Ethnic Studies
Choose ONE of those topics for your paper.
1) How centralized were the governments of Asia we have discussed in this class? Were some more centralized than the others?
2) What was the impact of the Mongols on Asia? Take into account both direct and indirect influence.
3) What was the relationship between rulers and those they ruled over during the period of Asian history we have discussed? Did they always share the same ethnic identity? Can any of those
government be described as “predatory governments”?
3.The debate over globalization’s influence on culture evokes strong opinions
Answer one (1) only.
1. The debate over globalization’s influence on culture evokes strong opinions. Some say globalization promotes sameness among cultures; other say it fosters cultural individuality. What are
the main arguments in this debate?
Explain why knowledge of local religious beliefs and practices is important for businesses.
2. What is cultural literacy and how can a firm use it to evaluate the attractiveness of a particular
location as a place for doing business? How does the comparison of culture to an iceberg fit in to cultural literacy?
What role does religion play in understanding a culture?
3. What is the purpose of cultural models such as those by Kluckhohn and Strodtbeck, Hofstede, Trompenaars and so on? How can each framework be used to analyze a culture in a way that benefits
4. Why is it important to understand both the verbal and non-verbal parts of communication for successful business dealings in other countries? What are some of the practical difficulties in
the attempt to learn?