Book Response to Chinua Achebe’s Things Fall Apart
The following post has three assignments namely;
1.Book Response to Chinua Achebe’s Things Fall Apart
After reading the Lesson 10’s course material and textbook reading assignment, read Chinua Achebe’s Things Fall Apart. Then respond to one of the following questions, or form your own question, and
answer it in 750 words in your portfolio document.
1. Is Okonkwo a tragic hero or a cowardly failure? Would you be heroic or suicidal if overpowering invaders, against whom resistance was futile, destroyed your culture and turned your children
2. What, in your opinion, “falls apart” with the arrival of the British, and what is the primary cause of the coming apart?
3. Or, form your own narrow question and answer it. Make sure it is of a scope that can be answered in the space allowed.
2.Vaginal Birth after Cesarean (VBAC)
A client had a cesarean delivery in a hospital setting for breech presentation with her first pregnancy.
She is pregnant again and after exploring her delivery options, has decided she wants to attempt a
vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC). She has had an uncomplicated pregnancy this time and the fetus is
not breech. The same OB-GYN will be assisting in her delivery. The OB-GYN performs a systematic
review of the literature to assess the benefits and harms of VBAC versus repeat cesarean delivery.
1. What kinds and sources of data does the OB-GYN need to review in order to make a rational
clinical planning decision?
2. Which types of studies available on this topic would be the most useful in clinical decision
3. What types of studies would you want to exclude?
4. Why would there be a lack of randomized clinical trials (RCT’s) available to address this clinical
3.An Introduction to Post-Colonial Theory? by Peter Childs and Patrick Williams.
Define Bhabha’s use of hybridity. use one quote from the book in chapter 4 and explain it based on hybridity. Distinguish at least three of its major attributes and apply it to the texts A Passage
to India by Forster