value of fair
The following post has two assignments namely;
1.Value of fair
The year is 2025 and the U.S. Supreme Court has declared all laws prohibiting discrimination in the
workplace to be unconstitutional. In its opinion, however, the Supreme Court made clear that employers
could voluntarily adopt policies and procedures prohibiting any and all forms of discrimination in the
workplace. The Supreme Court also made clear that employers could voluntarily adopt hiring practices to
diversify their workforces provided such practices did not include express preferences based upon
You have been hired as a consultant by a large, nationwide retailer to examine the business case for
ensuring that all of the employee protections are found within the federal anti-discrimination laws, as well
as the business case for prohibiting any other forms of discrimination in the workplace.
Write a four to six page report in which you:
1. Analyze the benefits and costs of voluntarily prohibiting three to five federal forms of
discrimination prohibited under the federal anti-discrimination laws.
2. Discuss the benefits and costs of voluntarily prohibiting a form of discrimination not covered by
any of the federal anti-discrimination laws.
3. State the benefits and costs of voluntarily adopting hiring and promotion practices designed to
diversify the workforce.
4. Evaluate the ethical considerations of not voluntarily prohibiting the forms of discrimination laws
examined in the first part of your report. Next, determine the ethical considerations of not
voluntarily adopting hiring and promotion practices to diversify the workforce.
5. Provide a final recommendation to this retailer on whether or not they should ensure all, part, or
none of the employee protections examined in the first part of your report. Your recommendation
should also include whether or not the retailer should adopt hiring and promotion practices
designed to diversify the workplace. Be sure to include a rationale for your recommendation along
with an explanation for any rejections of contrary positions or other pertinent considerations.
2. The crisis of civilization (video)
1) A brief statement about the film (2 pages) in our contemporary world, causing crisis, ecological or social crisis. Explain each crisis of main points in touch on each one and highlight one main
point in particular. 2) narrate how climate is affecting food energy and so on.