Making the Link – Macro specimens and Histopathology
The following post has two assignments namely;
1. Discuss the role of the teaching medical museum in undergraduate and postgraduate education.
2. Outline the history behind, and application of, the Human Tissue Act (2004).
3. Use simple examples of the language of pathology.
4. Explain the relationship between your knowledge of histopathology and the cognate lesions or structural changes observed in museum specimens.
provide basic descriptions at a macroscopic level, with the aid of drawings (photography is prohibited in the museum), of either one neoplastic or one non-neoplastic disease of your choice. Where possible, support your descriptions with a description of the underlying histology at the microscopic level.
((Lung R75 – Healed post-primary TB R124 – Emphysema R201 ACTION FOCUS: Explain the gross appearance of the TB-affected lung based on your understanding of its histopathology. ))
For the reflections, please include:
1) Questions you are interested in discussing next class regarding this topic (I think this went well last time so I may just ask you this every week)
2) A position on how the human mind is, or is not, different than a “robot mind” (i.e., a sophisticated machine learning system)
Reductionism vs Holism:
Crash Course Philosophy “Artificial Intelligence & Personhood”:
Crash Course Philosophy “Where Does Your Mind Reside”: