Assessing Financial Performance and Its Impact on Merger Acquisition
Aetna Inc and Anthem, Inc
Develop a financial plan for the next three years. Use the financial statements from your
selected health care organizations that were the focus of the SWOT Analysis assignment and
that you have been following in the e-activities throughout the quarter. Using the Annual Reports
of both organizations, consider the financial ratio that analysts would use to evaluate the
financial condition of each company. Speculate on the organizations’ ability to merge with their
Write a six- to eight-page paper in which you:??
1. Use your ratio analysis to determine whether the profitability trends are favorable or
unfavorable and explain your rationale.??
2. Suggest the key financial drivers that most likely will cause your health care
organizations to merge. Provide support for your rationale.???
3. Assume that your organizations have merged. Determine the evaluation criteria that a
financial analyst would use to evaluate the financial performance of the organization postmerger.
Identify the determinants that the analyst would use to decide whether the merger
generated favorable financial results for the organizations. Provide support for your
4. Predict the financial stability of the health care industry over the next three years.
Provide support for your prediction.???
5. Use at least three quality, current (no more than four years old) academic resources.
(Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as academic resources. Scholarly
resources include national health professional journals, governmental websites, and corporate