Foundation for W.S. Badger Co. Inc.HR department
You have the foundation for W.S. Badger Co. Inc.HR department in place, and you are ready to select your staff. Make sure that you are selecting the best talents for your HR department. You are now receiving resumes from recent graduates of Masters of Human Research Management (MHRM) programs, and you must prepare to interview the candidates.
Create a resume and cover letter and use it to respond to the attached job description. Then Use the attached job description to interview the qualified candidate selected by you
Note: This paper follows the attached job description, as well as the resume and cover letter created by you in response to the attached job description.
Write a six (6) page paper in which you:
1. Review the resume and cover letter you created for your job description. Next, critique the competitive advantage you are predicting from the potential candidate. Provide a rationale for your critique.
2. Indicate the interview type you will be using (i.e., phone, video, in person). Next, determine one (1) challenge that may arise with this type of interview. Develop a plan to mitigate this challenge and minimize its impact on your interview.
3. Create the interview form. Use the attached job description to write the interview questions.
o Note: The interview form should be incorporated into the paper and is counted towards the total page length requirement for this paper.
o Hint: Review the article “Types of Interviews”, located at https://drexel.edu/scdc/professional-pointers/interviewing/interview-types/
4. Conduct the interview with your potential candidate. Input the interview information onto the form you created.
5. Write a brief summary of your experience conducting the interview. Indicate in the summary whether or not you have chosen this candidate for the position. Include the ethical decision-making abilities that went into your decision. Provide a rationale for your decision.
6. Use at least six (6) quality academic resources in this paper from within the past
five (5) years.
Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as an acade mic resource.
Paper K – 1 page
• Select an international company in a field you are familiar with and determine two (2) key areas (i.e., staffing, training, employee and labor relations, compensation, benefits) where HR will have additional issues and challenges to deal with than in strictly U.S.-based companies. Next, suggest at least two (2) recommendations for dealing with these issues and challenges. Provide a rationale for your response.
• Geert Hofstede’s Model of National Culture outlines six (6) cultural dimensions in which countries may differ: power-distance, individualism, masculinity, uncertainty avoidance, long term orientation, and indulgence. Go to Geert Hofstede website and Select two (2) different countries. Compare the ratings in all of these cultural dimensions, plus the additional dimension of Indulgence listed on the site, between your selected countries. Next, describe at least two (2) challenges employees from these selected countries may face in working with each other due to differences in the dimensions. Provide a rationale for your response.
• Use at least 2 quality academic resources from within the last 5 years.