Essay – Critique of substance-use interview
use the link above to watch the video for this assignment
Students will critique a videoed substance-use interview (resource provided on
Moodle site in the folder entitled ‘Assessment 1’).
The critique will address the following:
* The interviewer’s initial contact with the person experiencing a
substance-use disorder (the ‘interviewee’);
* The level of rapport and respect the interviewer shows to the interviewee;
* The interviewer’s assessment of the interviewee’s readiness to
* The interviewer’s identification of impact of substance use on the interviewee’s health;
* The interviewer’s identification of impact of substance use on the interviewee’s lifestyle;
* The interviewer’s identification of other stressors the interviewee may be experiencing;
* The interviewer’s level of overall engagement with the interviewee;
* The way in which the interviewer concluded the interview.
Headings are to be used in the essay. Students are to explain and justify their responses using appropriate and scholarly references.