Social work leaders understand the organizations in which they work, and are skilled in identifying and developing programs which meet present and emerging community needs.
The Agency research paper should include the following information and the provided headings should be used to organize your paper. The paper should be in APA format.
The Agency to be researched and discussed is Catholic Family Center in Rochester, New York.
Discuss and research the Restart program that is an outpatient drug and alcohol program that is part of Catholic Family Center.
1. Agency Overview/ Historical origins of the agency: What is the name of the agency; what is the history of the agency? How many years has it been in existence? What services does the agency provide? Number of employees; Annual budget, number of years in existence.
2. Agency mission, vision and goals: Identify the key elements in your organization’s mission statement, vision and goals; Is the mission statement clear, compelling, inspirational, and concise; In what ways does the organization communicate the mission to its various stakeholders?
3. Agency service provision: What services does the agency provide? How does the agency take initiative to develop necessary alliances to advocate effectively for changes in services? What is the potential for other services that the agency might provide in the future? What steps will need to be taken in order for the agency to provide these new services that you have identified? This section should also include a literature review and the student should utilize a minimum of 6 professional journal articles as sources that are focused on the placement agency’s services.
4. Staffing & human resources: Leadership; What is the leadership of the agency? Discuss the organization culture and how change occurs; What is the quality of working life (e.g. employee relationships and functioning); Describe ways in which workplace problems are addressed (e.g. discrimination, bullying & harassment); etc. How do agency staff/professionals practice personal reflection and self-correction to assure continual professional development?
5. Roles in the agency: What titles or professional roles are identified in the agency? How are interns to identify themselves to clients in the agency? How specifically do social workers in the agency attend to professional roles and boundaries? In what ways do social workers in the agency or other staff exercise leadership roles within their levels/scope of practice?
6. Professionalism: How do the agency staff/professionals demonstrate professional demeanor in behavior, appearance, and communication? Provide some specific examples. How do professionals in the agency model integration and internalization of professional standards?
7. Lifelong Learning/Continuing Education: How does the agency staff/professionals address continuing education or lifelong learning? Does the agency provide any training for agency personnel? Is social work licensure required? If so what levels of licensure are required or what levels of licensure are found in the agency and what roles are they associated with?
8. Supervision/Consultation: How do the agency staff/professionals utilize supervision and consultation when needed? Are there designated supervisors who oversee certain units or departments within the agency? How are ethical dilemmas resolved?
9. Stakeholder expectations: What is the status of client relations; Describe the program design and service delivery. How do social workers articulate human behavior theories and conceptual frameworks that inform their practice?
10. Person in Environment: How do social workers in the agency actively engage with clients, communities, and colleagues in the application of knowledge of persons and environments and differentially applies this in practice?
11. Policy: Discuss local, state, or federal policy that impacts the agency; discuss policies that are relevant in relating to the functioning of the agency. How is policy created for the agency? How are policies amended in the agency?
12. Environment: Assess the environment, including strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats; social, political, economic, and technological trends;
13. Diversity: How does diversity fit in the agency environment and plan? How is
cultural competency addressed?
14. Funding of the Agency: Assess the financial resources and funding opportunities. What are the areas for growth or expansion for the agency?
15. Strengths and Weaknesses: Comment on key strengths and weaknesses of the agency. Note any prior or current efforts to address any of them. Use examples to illustrate particularly strong or weak areas. Identify critical issues facing the organization such as: What area needs attention and/or development? Why does this area need attention and/or development?