Leadership/Humor interview SURVEY
1. How do you define humor in the workplace? (10 words min)
2. How does humor in the workplace help the team or organization achieve its overall goals? (20 words min)
3. How does your immediate leader (direct manager) use humor in the workplace? (20 words min)
4. Provide an example of how your immediate leader used humor, and why do you think they used it? (35 words min)
5. What effect does your leader’s use of humor have on your job satisfaction? (405 words min).
(Job Satisfaction definition: Job satisfaction is the extent to which an employee is satisfied with his/her job; the extent to which the job helps the employee to fulfill his/her personal goals).
Include some of these key words in the written “conversational narrative” response: achievement, amusement, comfort, content, delight, enjoyment, fulfillment, gratification, happiness, joy, peace of mind, pleasure, pride, relief, well-being, bliss, cheerfulness, ease, reward
6. What effect does your leader’s use of humor have on your job engagement? (405 words min).
Job Engagement definition: An “engaged employee” is defined as one who is fully absorbed by and enthusiastic about their work and takes positive action to further the organization’s reputation and interests. An engaged employee has a positive attitude towards the organization and its values. Job engagement is the extent to which an employee is involved with his/her job; this includes not only being willing to perform the job’s duties but also, being aware of and invested in its purpose and goal
7. What effect does your leader’s use of humor have on your on-the-job morale? (405 words min).
(On-the-job Morale definition: Description of the emotions, attitude, satisfaction, and overall outlook of employees during their time in a workplace environment).
8. Please describe your experiences with your leader’s use of humor in the workplace. (35 words min)
9. What is your opinion regarding whether the use of humor by leaders is appropriate? (35 words min)