Answer all the below questions using Chapters 6, 9, 10 and 11 of the Upside of Irrationality
1. What is the downside of adaptation? That is, how does adaptation cause us to do things that actually lead us be less happy?
2. What is the upside of adaptation? That is, how can you make adaptation work for you to make you happier?
3. Why is it that people will give tremendous sums of money to individuals but not to other tragedies where we cannot see individuals but the event is much more atrocious?
4. When people were asked to be rational in the experiments what happened? Why?
5. How can short-term emotions have long-term effects?