Review a Peer Disease Process Presentation – Hemophilia
Choose two (I will let you choose the 2) of the criteria below and create questions, comments and feedback that center’s on the peer’s content provided under the chosen criteria. In your posting, clearly identify the two criteria chosen for the review. Suggested ways to review a peer’s presentation is to expound on the content provided under a given criterion by providing additional information or other points that could have also been included; ask pertinent questions that allows the peer to clarify and further expound on the criteria; if you disagree with a point made by a peer, explain why and provide further information supported by evidence to defend your position.
1. Introduce the disease with a brief definition and description.
2. Discuss the risk factors and the connection to the etiology of the initial injury to the cell/tissue/organ.
3. Discuss health care provider implications for prevention of the disease.
4. Show the progression from the initial injury to the defect in the tissue, organ and system functioning.
5. Link changes in the tissue, organ, and system functioning to the initial presenting signs and symptoms seen in primary care of the disease.
6. Provide a brief description of how the disease is diagnosed.
7. Provide a brief description of the pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions used to treat and manage the disease.
8. Summarizes the disease on final slide with concluding remarks; includes implication for nurse practitioner practice.
9. Utilizes at least two current (within 5 years), peer-review scholarly sources to support presentation content