WK6 – 8151 – DQ Applying Ethical Frameworks
1. Request for 1 pages to address three bullets below 2. Please make sure THREE references – see attachment. 3. Please use APA format 4. Please use attached files for references.
Discussion: Applying Ethical Frameworks
Although the Ethics Resource Center conveyed, as of 2013, that 41% of employees reported having witnessed misconduct in the workplace—down from 45% in 2011—this percentage remains alarmingly significant (McGregor, 2014). In fact, these statistics seem to indicate an ongoing need to continue to strengthen commitment to ethical business practice. Business professionals and scholars need to know how to face ethical dilemmas and make sound ethical decisions. As a DBA independent scholar and global change agent, you should have a basic understanding of various ethical frameworks and understand how these frameworks influence real-world business decisions. Northouse (2016) stated, “Ethical theories that deal with the conduct of leaders are in turn divided into two kinds: theories that stress the consequences of leaders’ actions and those that emphasize the duty or rules governing leaders’ actions” (p. 333). Business leaders apply their ethical values daily for decision making in business. Understanding and analyzing various ethical frameworks can help you as you work to solve ethical dilemmas.
To prepare for this Discussion, do the following: consider Case 13.2, “How Safe Is Safe?” on pages 351–352 of Northouse (2016) and review the Albert, Reynolds, and Turan (2015), Lawton and Páez (2015), Hoover and Pepper (2015), and Gustafson (2013) articles provided in this week’s Learning Resources.
Discussion Questions (1 pages)
1. Request for 1 pages to address three bullets below
2. Please make sure THREE references – see attachment.
3. Please use APA format
4. Please use attached files for references.
Post your application of ethical frameworks to the ethical dilemma posed in the case study. In your application, do the following:
• Justify your proposed solution, and explain the reasoning you used to arrive at your solution.
• Incorporate the justifications you provided in response to the Case 13.2.
• Apply the ethical framework(s) outlined in the Learning Resources or in other scholarly literature that aligns with your reasoning. Explain how your reasoning aligns with those frameworks.
Be sure to support your work with a minimum of three specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and one or more additional scholarly sources.
Refer to the Week 3 Discussion Rubric for specific grading elements and criteria. Your Instructor will use this rubric to assess your work.