Preparing an orientation on culture and the workplace
A nurse educator is preparing an orientation on culture and the workplace. There is a need to address the many cultures that seek healthcare services and how to better understand the culture. This ESSAY will Examine the role of the nurse as a culturally diverse practitioner.
1. Choose a culture that you feel less knowledgeable about
2. Compare this culture with your own culture
3. Analyze the historical, socioeconomic, political, educational, and topographical aspects of this culture
4. What are the appropriate interdisciplinary interventions for hereditary, genetic, and endemic diseases and high-risk health behaviors within this culture?
5. What are the influences of their value systems on childbearing and bereavement practices
6. What are their sources of strength, spirituality, and magicoreligious beliefs associated with health and health care?
7. What are the health-care practices: acute versus preventive care; barriers to health care; the meaning of pain and the sick role; and traditional folk medicine practices?
8. What are cultural issues related to learning styles, autonomy, and educational preparation of content for this culture?