Paper details watch videos and answer questions
1. How does the assessment correlate with the DSM-5 criteria for a substance use disorder? How do the criteria shift from the previous focus on a dependency model of substance abuse?
2. In considering the Brief Negotiation Interview (BNI) and Screening Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) assessment, what social work skills are inherent in these screening methods.
3. How do you feel about asking clients/patients about their substance use?
4. How do you feel about working with resistance from the client? How can you decrease resistance and meet the client/patient where they are at to encourage a motivation for change?
5. Why is incorporating SBIRT important in the clinic setting? What benefit does this have overall to the clien Vs patient and their relationship with their primary provider? Consider the correlation between
substance use and overall physical, emotional, social and spiritual wellbeing.
6. In what way would you incorporate SBIRT training in your current setting? How would you make it a part of a multidisciplinary setting?