History of Illness
Pick any patient – please be aware of DSM criteria for the diagnosis of schizophrenia
Case presentations allow you to showcase what you have learned in the practicum setting. Choose one patient/client from your practicum experience during NURS with a chief complaint (Hallucinations) that pertains to disorders (Schizophrenia) covered in NURS or (since specific disorders are not covered in 5). It is important that you choose a case complex enough for you to showcase each aspect of the case presentation. You are encouraged to choose a patient within the first few weeks of your practicum.
Presentation Outline- This for my power point, I will do this once the paper is completed. Thanks.
Your 10- to 15-minute presentation summarizing the following about your patient/client. Your presentation should not be as detailed as your paper. Keep in mind the length.
Please use these heading below when doing the case study paper
1. Identification of Patient/Client and Informants
2. Chief Complaint (always stated in patient’s/client’s own words)
3. History of Present Illness
4. Past History
5. Family History
6. Social History
7. General Medical History/Health Status
8. Mental Status Exam
9. DSM-5 Diagnosis and NANDA Diagnosis
10. Case Formulation (Theory-Based Assessment). Select one of these two formulation approaches. Pick one
1. Brief psychodynamic formulation
2. Brief cognitive case formulation
11. Treatment Interventions with Rationale
2. Diagnostic Tests/Lab Work
3. Evidence-based Non-Pharmacologic Interventions
4. Patient and Family Education
5. Referral(s) if indicated