Small Business Interview in Philadelphia
1. Name of person interviewed, title, company name, company address and phone number.
2. Why did you go into business for yourself? How long have you been in business?
3. Why did you choose this particular kind of business?
4. Which type of ownership is the business operating under (sole proprietorship, partnership, or corporation?)
5. What problems did you encounter in starting your business? What problems do you encounter in maintaining your business today? (Examples: obtaining money, finding the right location, attracting customers,
getting good employees, keeping your employees motivated, customer service issues, customer satisfaction, keeping customers happy, collecting money from clients, etc.) List at least 3 or 4 problems.
6. To what extent is your business affected by general economic conditions, such as a recession?
7. How much competition is there in your type of business and what do you do to compete with the others? (Examples: better service, lower prices, advertising, longer hours, etc.)
8. What advice would you give to someone wanting to go into business today?