Post traumatic stress disorder
A. Investigate one of the following disease processes: post traumatic stress disorder
1. Analyze and describe the pathophysiology of the disease process in detail.
2. Discuss the standard of practice for the disease process.
3. Discuss the evidence-based pharmacological treatments in your state and how they affect management of the disease in your community.
4. Discuss the clinical guidelines for assessment, diagnosis, and patient education for the disease process.
5.Compare the standards of practice for managing the disease process.
6. Discuss the characteristics of a patient who manages the disease well, and identify resources that contribute to successful disease management including access to care, treatment options, life expectancy, and outcomes.
7. Analyze disparities between national and international management of the disease.
8. Discuss three or four factors (e.g., financial resources, access to care, insured/uninsured, Medicare/Medicaid) that contribute to a patients ability to manage the disease.
9. Explain how a lack of the factors discussed in part A-4 lead to an unmanaged disease process.
10. Describe the patients characteristics when the disease is not managed.
B. Analyze how the disease process affects patients, families, and populations in communities.
1. Discuss the financial costs associated with the disease process for patients, families, and populations from diagnosis to treatment.
C. Discuss how you will promote best practices for managing the disease in your current healthcare organization.
1. Discuss three strategies you could use to implement best practices for managing the disease in your current healthcare organization.
2. Discuss an appropriate method to evaluate the implementation of each strategy from part C.