“The effect of X on Y”
Why do you think this topic is important? What has been done regarding this topic? Show some
statistics that give some information about your overall problematic.
Most of these articles discuss the impact of excise taxes on consumption. Some articles discuss the
impact of excise taxes on youth. Some others discuss the impact of excise taxes in Florida, California,
and other specific states. Some articles discuss the impact of excise taxes on other countries and
compare them with the United States. However, the biggest difference of this literature with my
article is that none study why taxation has different effects on different states. In some states, tobacco
taxes are high, but the number of smokers is still increasing. My paper will try to give a reason to this
3 Data description (3 pages)
• What data set are you using?
• How was this data set constructed?
• Who are the respondents?
• What period of time was it conducted on?
• What variables are you using?
• Explain carefully which (and why) are the dependent and independent variables.
• Show some descriptive statistics of each variable and interpret them.
• This is the space to show graphics, distributions, histograms, percentages