The meaning of the symbolism used by Frida Kahlo in The Two Fridas (28.51)
Please follow the instruction carefully, you don’t need to provide in text-cite or work citation only choose one art work with the figure number and page NUMBER.
Materials: View and read from your textbook Chapter 28.
1.From the bullet topics listed below pick one.
2.Then define or explain in your own words your selection and provide an art work title and page number from the textbook for your selection
Choose only one:
• Compare and contrast Francisco Goya’s The Family of Charles IV (24.2) and Diego Velázquez’ The Maids of Honor (19.38).
• In what ways do Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres and Eugène Delacroix seemingly represent the opposing forces of early nineteenth-century French painting? What specific works by these artists exemplify their attitudes and artistic philosophies?
• In what ways is Salvador Dali’s The Persistence of Memory (28.16) exemplary of Surrealism?
• Describe Dadaism in Berlin and Cologne.
• How is the “universal order” reflected in Piet Mondrian’s Composition with Red, Blue, and Yellow (28.27)?
• How is a sense of nationalism shown in Diego Rivera’s Man, Controller of the Universe (28.50)?
• What is the meaning of the symbolism used by Frida Kahlo in The Two Fridas (28.51)?
• What is Representational Surrealism?
• How does Constructivism differ from De Stijl?
• How did the machine aesthetic influence the designs of Le Corbusier?