BP Gulf of Mexico oil spill
Access the following article using ProQuest, the Ashworth College online library:
- Griggs, J. (2011). BP GULF OF MEXICO OIL SPILL. Energy Law Journal, 32.1, 57-79. Retrieved from
http://search.proquest.com/docview/86907 1045/13F 9BGEOACE241 3E456/3?accountid=45844
Respond to the following:
- In your own words, provide an overview of the events and implications of the BP Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
- Explain the Oil Pollution Act of 1990, including why it was enacted, its general provisions, and OPA 90’s effectiveness in terms of containing a major spill.
- Why did it take BP so long to stop the spill?
- Which type of control would have been most helpful to BP in averting the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico? Provide one (1) supporting fact to support your response.