Isaiah’s advice to Ahaz in the Syro-Ephraimitic crisis
1-1 Which proverb do you think would most benefit your community by putting its principle(s) into action?
1200 words minimum and 3 scholarly sources….3 scholarly sources….NO PLAGIARISM
- What were the three major crises in Israel that the prophetic literature responds to?
- Do you think Isaiah’s advice to Ahaz in the Syro-Ephraimitic crisis was sound? Explain your answer.
- How did Hezekiah prepare for a possible invasion by the Assyrians during Sennacherib’s reign?
- What are the five major sections into which Isaiah 1-39 can be divided, and what is the central idea in each part?
- What are the Servant Songs?
- What is unusual about Jeremiah’s call to be a prophet?
- What advice did Jeremiah give the exiles, and why did he feel it necessary to give such advice?
- What appears to be Ezekiel’s understanding of his call experience?
- Compare Ezekiel’s view of individual responsibility to that of Jeremiah.
- What was the meaning of Ezekiel’s vision in the valley of dry bones?
- What problems are raised by God’s command to Hosea to marry a prostitute? How do different biblical interpreters address this problem?
- What do the Oracles Against the Nations (Amos 1:3-2:5) say about Amos’s doctrine of God?
- Compare Isaiah’s attitude toward Jerusalem with that of Micah.
- Why might Habakkuk be considered an early Jewish philosopher?
- How does the Book of Twelve function as a single book made up of twelve little books?