Read “Philosophy” in History and Culture, pp. 32-44
Read “Excerpts from Daodejing” and “Excerpts from Zhuangzi”
video is on https://hofstra.blackboard.com/ultra/institution-page on the course-ASST-001 and then at the bottom lecture file. here is the question
h702228029 Augustine1008.(there is . in the end)
- Give two reasons why water is a favored symbol of Dao in Daoist philosophy.
- What does Laozi mean by “Knowing the masculine, yet abide by the feminine”? Explain it in the historical context of the Warring States period.
- Give the numbers of two passages where Laozi discusses the relation between the strong and the weak.
- In Zhuangzi what is implied in King Hundun’s (Chaos) death after seven holes are dug on his face?
- Why does Zhuangzi criticize the young man of Shouling in the kingdom of Yan who went to Zhao to learn the fashionable way of walking there?