- Select a feature film with a character who has a mental disorder
- Watch the movie.
- Consult the DSM-5. Each mental disorder has a list of symptoms, some number of which must be present in an individual in order for that person to be diagnosed with that disorder.
- Find the symptoms displayed by the character in the movie in the DSM-5.
In your paper:
- Give the title of the movie.
- Give the name of the character.
- Give your diagnosis. Compare the criteria (symptoms) of the mental disorder and the behaviors (symptoms) of the character that correspond to the criteria.
Some links that might help you find a movie: